Thursday 10 June 2010

Exploring Things further


I have been enjoying reading through people's blogs. Now they are altogether in a handy fashion it is very easy. Libreation recommended MeetingWizard as an alternative to Doodle, and out of curiosity I have given it a go. It was also a straight-forward experience, but I prefer Doodle for its overall simplicity and ease of use.

I've also been playing around with the background look of the blog and gone for a nature theme (for now!). Hope you like it.

Also, I've just been introduced to Dropbox.


It is a free file sharing program you can download off the internet. You can use it to share files with yourself or others across multiple computers and mobile phones. We are planning to use it in our department to share files with colleagues without having to email. This will be useful when sharing large image files. I don't know whether we are covering this in 23 Things, but check it out anyway.

Dropbox replaces:
  • Emailing file attachments to yourself and other people
  • Using USB drives to move files between computers
  • Renaming files to keep a history of previous versions
  • Complicated backup software and hardware



2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babysteps, I'm not even crawling. Thank you for mentioning Dropbox, just out of the blue. As someone who works in different departments, and who annoys people because my USB sticks clack on my ID badge, and who has asked computery people if they have any ideas and got a negative reply... this may be a solution. So there you go, you've possibly made someone's day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Miss Crail, I'm glad that it might be of use. I hope it works out for you. We've only just started using it this week, so I'm new to it too. We've been using it to move files within the department and between departments in the UL.

    ReplyDelete