Tuesday 29 June 2010

Flikr/Flickr

Time for another spot of blogging.

Last week's Thing was to look at and use Flikr which was fun. I had heard mention of Flickr but hadn't looked it at all before last week. It was lovely to see all the photos of the Library in Sir Cam and Idlethink. As the Library is a no go place for children, I took the opportunity to show my son where I work. He managed to tear his eyes away from the the PS3 game for brief seconds as a cycled through my favourites and said he'd look properly later. He hasn't!

I, however, did enjoy seeing the Library afresh from new perspectives. I would never have thought that canteen chairs could look so special. When we get our staff tearoom makeover we will only have the photos as reminders. Maybe we should decorate the walls with a poster size print?

Learning about CreativeCommons was also interesting. It is good to know that if you use and credit the photo you will not break any copyright.

I also opened an account and uploaded one photo just to see how it works, and as I do not need to worry about the copyright, I can embed (or is it upload) it here:

Ok, so that didn't work. Let's try now:

OK, copying and pasting the url isn't working, but I have managed to import it into it's own bog entry.

This thing leads from one thing to another and before you know it an hour plus has gone by. I feel like I'm following a trail of breadcrumbs through the forest, turning round and feeling lost!

However, despite not being able to immediately get a photo into this post, I do like Flikr, I mean Flickr (I can never spell this word right first time!). I like looking at the photos, discovering what's out there, and will use it to share photos. It's also good to know of an alternative source of images from Google Images.




No comments:

Post a Comment