Tuesday 8 June 2010

Calendars all around - but do I know what I'm doing

I have had replies! Yes, my Doodle poll has worked and responses have been flooding in and a time and place have now been scheduled.

Actually, I do quite like Doodle. The page where the poll is created with its little table listing the options you can poll against is very handy. I can see at a glance which time and date is the most viable and all the options have been totalled up for me.

I will definitely use that again. We don't often have meetings so I hope I can remember what to do when I want to do another poll.

Today's Thing has been no trouble at all, as already mentioned, I had already set up a calendar and shared it with another colleague s0 that was nothing new. I did however learn a little about the settings which I've now adjusted.

My problem now is that I have multiple work calendars on the go - a wall planner, a page per day diary and the Google calendar. And, having had all 3 on the go for a while, I know from experience that the Google calendar is the one I'm least likely to use. Despite the leaps and bounds in technology in general, and my use of it, in particular, I still prefer using a pen and paper!

OK. There - I've admitted it, and it makes me feel very old-fashioned!

Anyway, while 23 Things is afoot I am sure that I will make more of an effort to use the Google calendar. Thinking a little about it, I think one of the reasons I'm not too keen on it is that I don't like the way it looks. If the layout was more pleasing on the eye, maybe I would be more happy to use it. I wonder if there is a way to change the font?

1 comment:

  1. I use Google Calendar a lot, but must admit have never really considered changing it from standard. I've just had a look at mine - can't as yet find the means to change the font, but did notice you can add a background picture (could be fun, but would need careful choice to not be distracting). Also found out you could change the default settings - so now have mine starting the week on Monday, and showing a month at a time which I much prefer.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete